What are cookies and why do we use them?
To give you an example, cookies “remind us” of such elementary and useful things such as what your data is to automatically start your session without having to re-enter the username and password, what language you chose to navigate, which destinations are most popular for travelers with search characteristics similar to yours or something as important as being able to show you the advertising based on your browsing habits and try to make it as interesting as possible.
The cookies used by this website are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer, and do not provide the user’s personal data by themselves, you can rest assured!
Many of the cookies we use are exempted from the obligation to inform you about them because they are “essential” in the opinion of the AEPD (for example, session and user input cookies that help you avoid having to fill out online forms in all the websites where you act) but for others it is important that you are well informed and that is why it is necessary that you read this information. However, our commitment to our clients is total: if you have any questions when reading this information, write to us and we will answer you as soon as possible: email@example.com
If you have any questions about cookies, you can also go to the following link of the Interactive Advertising Bureau in Spain: http://www.iabspain.net/privacidadeninternet/conocer
What cookies can you find at El Faro del Toro?
First we have to tell you what types of cookies exist so that you can be informed. You have to bear in mind that in El Faro del Toro you can find both El Faro del Toro’s own cookies, established by ourselves, as well as third-party cookies, established by our partners, suppliers and collaborators and that allow you, for example, to interact with the advertising that you can find on our website. There are also session cookies and persistent cookies. The former collect and store data while you are on the web (for example the shopping cart), the latter allow the data to remain stored and accessible for a period of time.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, in El Faro del Toro you can find the following types:
- Essential or technical cookies: Without these we would not be able to work together and you would not be able to access all the functionalities of our website. They allow you to navigate through the Web and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing or store content for the dissemination of videos or sound. Without cookies we would not know what services you have already purchased when you choose others (it helps us to remember that you have chosen a flight while looking for hotels, and thus we do not have to charge you for each service individually and your experience improves on our website).
- Analysis or analytical cookies: They are those that are well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use you make of the service offered: they allow us to understand how you interact with our website. or what content and advertising campaigns are most attractive to you. In short, they allow us to know how we have to advance in the content that really interests you and how to make it as accessible as possible. To do this, we analyze your browsing on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services that we offer you.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that, well treated by us or by third parties, allow us to manage the offer of advertising spaces in El Faro del Toro in the most efficient way possible, adapting the content of the advertisement to the content of the requested service or to the use you make of our website. For this we can analyze your browsing habits on the Internet and we can show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Social network cookies: They are a class of technical cookies that allow you to share our content through the social networks of which you are a member. They are managed directly by the chosen social network and without them it would be impossible for you to share the information we show you with your friends and acquaintances.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow you to store information about users’ browsing through the same browsing session, presenting advertisements directly related to their interests or their previous searches on other websites.
|Name of the cookie||Who processes the cookie?||Cookie description|
|basic_html||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necessary for the proper functioning of the website|
|info_localizacion||EL FARO DEL TORO||User preferences (language, currency, etc)|
|olt_pref||EL FARO DEL TORO||User preferences (language, currency, etc)|
|iphone_native||EL FARO DEL TORO||Identify iphone navigation device|
|brand||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necessary for the proper functioning of the website|
|mobile_version||EL FARO DEL TORO||Identify if the device is mobile|
|PHPSESSID||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necesario para el correcto funcionamiento del sitio web|
|ref||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necessary for the proper functioning of the website|
|remite||EL FARO DEL TORO||It allows to identify if the user has accessed the page
directly or through an external page.
|remite_travel||EL FARO DEL TORO||It allows to identify if the user has accessed the page
directly or through an external page.
|where||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necessary for the proper functioning of the website.|
|searcher_data||EL FARO DEL TORO||Data of the last search carried out|
|search||EL FARO DEL TORO||Data of the last search carried out|
|transition||EL FARO DEL TORO||Reservation system configuration|
|expopt||EL FARO DEL TORO||This cookie is used to perform A / B experiments that
allows you to compare the results obtained by different
creatives / content,
|cosmos||EL FARO DEL TORO||Stores data to categorize visitors.|
|uniqueCookie||EL FARO DEL TORO||User language preference|
|PLAY_LANG||EL FARO DEL TORO||User language preference|
|tracking_statistics||EL FARO DEL TORO||Technical cookie for the operation of the login|
|u||EL FARO DEL TORO||Technical cookie for the “Remember me” functionality of the login|
|mkt_pref||EL FARO DEL TORO||Follow-up and user actions until the reservation process|
|transport_flight||EL FARO DEL TORO||Data from the last search performed|
|transport_train||EL FARO DEL TORO||Data from the last search performed|
|transport_and_hotel||EL FARO DEL TORO||Data from the last search performed|
|hotels_notifications||EL FARO DEL TORO||Internal page settings|
|SSLB||EL FARO DEL TORO||Necessary for the proper functioning of the website|
|uid||EL FARO DEL TORO||Identify the user anonymously|
|book_data||EL FARO DEL TORO||It allows to speed up the reservation process in case of error.|
|*||More information about these cookies at: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
|*||TripAdvisor||More information about these cookies at:https://www.tripadvisor.com|
How to activate, deactivate or delete cookies?
You have to bear in mind that if cookies are not activated on your device, the navigability and, ultimately, the GTB experience may not be as good as we had thought. In fact, if you decide to block all cookies (including the “essential / technical” that we have discussed above) you may not be able to access part of our content or use those services (such as the shopping cart) that need.
In any case, activating, deactivating or eliminating cookies is very simple in your browser. Let’s see the most common:
- If you use Internet Explorer 8.0+:
- In the “Tools” menu, select ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the “Privacy” tab.
- Choose the level of privacy you want by moving the cursor that has six positions depending on the amount of cookies that you will allow to be installed.
- Or from the link: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- If you use Firefox 4.0+:
- In the “Tools” menu, select “Options”
- Select the “Privacy” label on the top bar
- Select the “Privacy” label on the top bar
- Or from the link: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- If you use Google Chrome:
- In the menu, under “Settings”, select “Show advanced options”.
- Select “Content Settings” within the “Privacy” option
- Or from the link: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- If you use Safari:
- Within “Settings” and “Safari”, select the option “Preferences”
- Open the “Privacy” tab
- Within the “Block cookies” option, select the option that best suits your needs.
- Or from the link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
The only way to revoke the consent once it has been given is by eliminating the cookies already downloaded. To do this, follow the instructions above. There are also after tools so that you can detect cookies on each website you visit and manage their deactivation, you can use “Ghostery” or “Network Advertising Initiative”